Friday, December 18, 2015

Holiday Celebration and Hygiene Drive


As we head into the holiday break, I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for a wonderful first semester. It has been a pleasure getting to know all of you and your children.
Here is a link to a video from Jeffco Communications about our Holiday Celebration and Hygiene Drive that captures just how special the Blue Heron community is. Please share with your children, friends, and family and let them know that their contributions made a difference in the lives of Jeffco students and families in need of a little extra help this holiday season.
Our students collected over 8,000 items for Jeffco homeless students and their families. There were so many hygiene packages that our friends in Jeffco Homeless Services needed a little help getting all the items to their offices at the Ed Center in Golden. Below are some photos of our amazing 6th graders with staff from Jeffco Homeless Services as well some of Jeffco's Achievement Directors delivering items to the team at the Ed Center. The last report I received was that all the items were distributed to the students and families who needed them. Well done, Blue Heron!



14 comments:

  1. I loved working in the hygiene drive at Blue Heron! It was so much fun to help out with homeless families in Jefferson County! I hope we can do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hygiene drive was a really good thing to do for the financially struggling families in Jefferson County. Thanks for making it happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pictures you put with your blog to in a way "prove" that we actually did this as a school with all of these insane amounts of hygiene items. I also liked your 3 "paragraph" and how you said where the stuff was going

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also really hope that you continue the hygiene drive even though we 6th graders won't be there next year. It would make the homeless, hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved your astonishing essay! I believe that serving the needy is the right thing to do. It is very fun as, we get the special joy that can only be obtained by giving others. Thank you for this lovely opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a lot of fun doing this because I enjoy helping people in need.
    Are we going to do another spectacular idea like this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked working at the Hygeine Drive. I also hope that 6th graders after us continue to do projects like this because it shows responsibility and it helps others and ourselves.

      Delete
  9. I like how you include pictures and a link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hygiene drive was a very fun drive to do. But I have a question will we make things like this a tradition?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked how you took a picture of the products on it's way to all of the families it was so fun to help out all of the families! Thank you for helping us get there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for your comments and feedback. I hope to make the Holiday Celebration and Hygiene Drive an annual tradition at Blue Heron. I think it's a great thing to do for struggling families and students in Jeffco and I also think it's a great way for 6th graders to show their leadership. I was so impressed by everyone's hard work to make the drive an amazing success. Did you know the Director of Homeless Services cried when she saw me in January? She was so happy for our help and proud of all of your hard work.

    If we could do one more amazing whole-school service-oriented project before the end of this school year, what would you like it to be? How can we make it happen?

    ReplyDelete