Monday, October 5, 2015

The USA Map is Here!



On my very first day as principal at Blue Heron Elementary, I took a walk out back. Besides the broken slide on the intermediate playground (which is on order and will be installed once the part comes in), I noticed our very large and very sad looking blacktop. I thought there must be some way to jazz up the area and started searching for solutions. I quickly came across the USA Map and ordered it right away. Feeling a little overwhelmed once the package arrived, I phoned Diana Garren, our art teacher, who has a world class color sense and attention to detail. Diana took over and well, the rest is history!

To all the parents, students, staff, grandparents, aunties and uncles, cousins and friends that helped make this idea a reality . . . THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your hard work payed off and we are so, so proud of the results! 



Look for more pictures of everyone who participated in the USA Map project as well as photos of the updated hopscotch area in an upcoming parent newsletter.

10 comments:

  1. That project was fun to do I like it really looks good that was a gerat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback, Jagger's blog! I'm glad you appreciated participating in the US Map project. I love it and think it adds a lot of fun and learning to our playground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved how the map turned out it was one of your best ideas yet .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like the map was a great idea and looks great on the playground blacktop. I want to thank you for making this possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved how you put pictures of us working on the map, I also liked how you used a lot of details so people would fell like they were there. That was a really enjoyable project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved donig that fun activity the blacktop looks amazing now! It was a fun learnig experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that project it was super fun it looks like the whole school is having a blast with it. It turned out great! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was the greatest idea that this school has ever had. Thank you for having us do it. It was so much fun doing it. They were a lot of fun and I think this whole school could thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a really good idea to jazz up the playground with the new colorful map and the new slide !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love all of you and these positive comments! Can the public see these? How cool would it be for the public to see our dialogue? I'd still want only Blue Heron students to be able to comment, but I think it shows people who may be interested in our school the various ways students and yours truly communicate with one another. What do you think about this idea?

    ReplyDelete